The Branches of the Other 21st Century Skills
Many have attempted to identify the skills important for a learner today in this era of the 21st century (I know it is an overused phrase). I have an affinity towards the skills identified by Tony Wagner:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Collaboration across networks and leading by influence
- Agility and adaptability
- Initiative and entrepreneurialism
- Effective oral and written communication
- Accessing and analyzing information
- Curiosity and imagination http://www.tonywagner.com/7-survival-skills
This presentation sparked my thinking about what other skills and attributes would serve the learners (of all ages) in this era of learning. Some other ones that I believe important based on what I hear at conferences, read via blogs and other social networks include:
- Hope and Optimism
- Empathy and Global Stewardship
These are presented along with a graphic in The Other 21st Century Skills. Due to the popularity of the graphic in that post, I developed another one to provide another perspective of these skills and attributes . . .
Other Posts about The 21st Century Skills:
Subscribe to comments with RSS.